Law Journal Newsletters

An ALM Website

INTERNET LAW & STRATEGY

March 2008

Disrupting the Lawyer Ratings Paradigm

A Look At a New Client Input System

By Joseph M. Campos

For nearly 150 years, clients’ opinions about their lawyers have been relegated to word of mouth. Information passed on in this manner is not recorded in any organized way and is therefore not available to the general public. In that time, the only organized source of information about lawyers came from lawyers themselves. All of that is now changing in a rapid, dramatic and explosive fashion, opening new channels and communities of information for legal services consumers, and creating exciting marketing and business development opportunities for lawyers and law firms.

Log In

Subscribers: Log in below to read the full story

Already subscribe but haven't registered for all the benefits of the website?

Subscribe

Click below to subscribe to
INTERNET LAW & STRATEGY

Subscribe

Pay-Per-View

You can purchase this article for $20.00
Click below

Purchase Article

ARTICLES FROM RELATED NEWSLETTERS

ACCOUNTING and FINANCIAL PLANNING for LAW FIRMS

Law Firm Billing Gets Smart with Tech

For law firms to get smart about bidding on work, they need a legal management infrastructure with deep knowledge and understanding of their matters, staffing resources, billing rates and spending data. This business intelligence (BI), goes beyond a stand-alone matter management application.

e-COMMERCE LAW & STRATEGY

When Your Data Goes Viral: Insurance for Data Breaches

Data breaches are part of the technological age. Indeed, 2013 was dubbed the year of the "mega breach," and in 2014, as of October, there had been 621 publicly reported data breaches, exposing 77,890,487 records. In early October 2014, JPMorgan Chase reported a data breach affecting as many as 76 million households and 7 million small businesses, making it one of the largest data breaches ever reported.

e-COMMERCE LAW & STRATEGY

Will Privacy Come Of Age in 2015?

Some 43% of companies report knowing that they experienced a data breach last year. Since breaches are hard to detect, it's safe to say that the other 57% can't be sure whether they were breached or not. One thing that's certain is that big data breaches were the story of 2014 — and it seems likely that they will keep coming.